If you use daily disposable lenses then you don't need to clean or disinfect them.
If you use reusable lenses you should disinfect your lenses every day, using a contact lens solution as advised by your optician. This will help to prevent eye infections.
To look after your reusable lenses safely:
- Clean them with a contact lens solution every time you take them out
- Rinse your lenses with solution after cleaning them
- Leave your lenses in a disinfecting solution overnight, unless the packaging instructs you otherwise
- Never reuse the same disinfecting solution, or top it up. Use a fresh solution every time
- Avoid pouring solution into travel-size bottles. They might be dirty
- Never use tap water on your lenses or case as it's not always sterile
- Replace your lens case at least once a month